2008-04-23

Repair To Be Previewed

Well, the Flames season is over, albeit too soon for me, but in the immortal words of Brody Bruce: “You face forward, or risk shock and damage!” So here is the second annual Chilled Monkey Brainz

SUMMER FLICK PREVIEW!

MAY 2, 2K8

IRON MAN
Directed by Jon Favreau

Based on the Marvel Comic, Inventor and overall rich prick, Tony Stark played by Robert Downey Jr. (isn’t it nice to see he’s finally got his shit together?) dons his most powerful creation, a high-tech suit of armor, to fight Mandarin, an evil scientific genius bent on (what else?) taking over the world. Who isn’t excited about this one? I am, and I never even read the comics! I know, I know, I can already hear the cries of “blasphemy” coming from my comic geek buddies, but what the hell, I’m going to see the flick, that should be enough for you! Throw in Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, and this one should be a no brainer.

Son of Rambow
Directed by Garth Jennings

A shy kid growing up in a sheltered British community makes teams up with a schoolmate and attempts to film his own shot-by-shot version of First Blood.
This flick was pretty well received at Sundance and is getting a limited North American release, so if it plays in your town you should check it out, it looks like a lot of fun.




MAY 9, 2K8

Speed Racer
Directed by Andy and Larry Wachowski

Based on the Japanese Anime of the same name, the story follows an uber-skilled young race car driver who belongs to a family of gear-heads, is blackmailed by the head of the nefarious corporation Royalton Industries to participate in The Crucible – a nasty cross-country rally that claimed his brother's life years before. Behind the wheel of the Mach 5, his father's greatest invention, “Speed” goes head-to-head with his chief rival, the mysterious, yet strangely familiar Racer X. Gotta admit, even though I am a HUGE Anime and Manga Otaku, I had very little interest in this flick, until about three weeks ago when I saw the trailer on
HDNet, now I am all over it. And even though the marginally talented brothers behind the Matrix Trilogy are directing it, I still want to see it. Go Speed Racer Go!

MAY 16, 2K8

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Directed by Andrew Adamson

With an evil king ruling over Narnia, the Pevensie children are summoned to help restore the throne to its rightful heir, Prince Caspian. Not interested at all in this flick but I do know some folk who are so here it is. I never read these books as a child, and didn’t much enjoy the first flick.





MAY 23, 2K8

The one we’ve all been waiting for…

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Chrystal Skull
Directed by Steven Spielberg

Man that title is a freaking mouthful isn’t it? The studio is keeping a pretty tight lid on the plot for this one, which I predict will have a Kingdom, a Chrystal Skull and Indy’s son played by Shia LeBeouf somewhere in it, but alas no Nazis this time. You may quote me on this one. The closer this one comes to release, the more excited I seem to be getting, who would’ve thought!

That’s it for May 2K8 releases, check in again next week for June, and possibly July!

No comments:

Reviews From The Chesterfield

Ghost in the Shell Directed by Rupert Sanders Based on the manga by Shirow Masamune In the near future, the cyberneticly enhan...