2006-12-06

Prepare To Be Reviewed

Miami Vice
Directed by Michael Mann


In the big screen adaptation, er sequel, er re-imagining of the 1980’s TV series, vice cops Crockett (Colin Farrell) and Tubbs (Jamie Foxx) find themselves recruited by the FBI to help bring down a huge international drug trafficker.

The flick dumps you into the action from scene one and characterization is minimal at best. I suppose Mann expects anyone seeing this flick is doing so because they are already fans of the TV series. The film has everything the TV show did; slick fashions, (come on, who didn’t know a guy in the eighties that dressed like that?) fast cars, fast boats, sex, and violence. It’s well shot, and to spite being over two hours long, the story moves at a pretty good clip.

Miami Vice was… okay I guess, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was watching a TV pilot with swear words. It’s a buddy cop flick. A slick looking buddy cop flick. So, if you like that sort of thing, you should rent it, if you don’t then rent Dead Man’s Chest or something.

Personally, this flick falls flat because it breaks Jaeger’s #1 rule in a film like this: If you are going to have a steamy sex scene, show me some boobies or DON’T WASTE MY TIME! Come on! Hot sex with Asian Hottie Gong Li and no boobie shot? I have to shake my head.

2 out of 5

Oh yeah, and the sheer awesomeness of Colin Farrell’s mullet made me not want to shave my head this weekend.

No comments:

Reviews From The Chesterfield

Ghost in the Shell Directed by Rupert Sanders Based on the manga by Shirow Masamune In the near future, the cyberneticly enhan...